Marko Mikael Marila (b. 1981) is a researcher and educator based in Linköping, Sweden. He holds a PhD in history and philosophy of archaeology and has taught and published in the fields of philosophy, archaeology, heritage studies, artistic research, and environmental humanities. His creative work often combines archaeological sensibilities with the practices of contemporary art. Marila’s current research at Linköping University deals with the histories, heritages, and archaeologies of uranium mining and anti-uranium movements.
- Doctor of Philosophy | University of Helsinki | 2020
- Master of Arts | University of Helsinki | 2011
- Bachelor of Arts | University of Helsinki | 2010
- The Hub for Speculative Fabulation upon Incidental Observations
- The Society for the Prevention of Staring into a Computer Screen for Twelve Hours a Day
- Editor | Suomen Museo – Finskt Museum
- Member of scientific advisory board | STS dagarna 2024